Job Title: Project Superintendent
Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in construction project oversight
Employment Type: Hourly / Payroll
Location: Nampa, ID
Superintendent is responsible for overseeing a variety of construction projects to ensure that the project is completed on schedule, according to plans and specifications, and construction best practices, and to ensure proper site safety measures are followed. The projects managed will consists of residential and commercial building projects, including ground-up construction, and remodels. Our website, mussellconstruction.com has examples of some of the types of projects our company commonly completes.
Required Skills and Experience:
Applicants should demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
- A sufficient knowledge of construction methods and best practices in ground-up construction, especially in wood-frame construction.
- Competency in determining project schedules, and determining proper construction sequence.
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and best practices for site safety.
- Ability to foresee and mitigate against risk in construction projects.
- Ability to manage 3-5 construction projects at a time, after a 3-month introductory period of employment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and provide quality feedback on construction blueprints and specifications.
- Ability to communicate politely and professionally, and in a timely manner, with Owners, Architects, and other project stakeholders.
Other Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in Buildertrend, our project management software. Experience with other similar software is also acceptable: Procore, Microsoft Project.
- Trade experience / willingness to assist when needed with construction.